Effective Date: 6/24/2020
PRIVACY OF CHILDREN
Our Site and Services are not intended for children or persons under the age of 21. Children or persons under the age of 21 are not allowed to use our Site and Services. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a user is under age 21, we will promptly deactivate that user’s account (“User Account”) and delete any personal information collected in connection therewith.
What is Personal Information?
What Information is Collected?
Information Automatically Collected. We and our third-party partners may automatically log information about you and your computer or mobile device when you access the Site. For example, when visiting our Site, we may log your computer operating system type, browser type, IP address, geolocation information, referring website from which you accessed the Site, pages you viewed on the Site, how long you spent on a page on the Site, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site. We may collect device information about your mobile device that you use to access the Mobile App. We may collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends and to learn more about the demographics of our users. We will not collect any location information that you do not volunteer or enable. We will delete any location information that you request us to delete.
- Understand and save users’ preferences for future visits; and
- Compile aggregate data about Site traffic and Site interactions in order to offer better Site experiences and tools in the future.
We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Because each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s “Help Menu” to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your Site experience more efficient may not function properly or otherwise be available to you.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information and personal data provided by you to help us improve your experience on the Site. We may use your personal information we collect from you to:
- Improve our Services, functionality, and overall user experience;
- Deliver our Services to you;
- Better cater and market to our users, as well as learn about preferences and usage habits;
- Respond to customer service requests, comments and questions;
- Send periodic emails, notifications, and text messages regarding our Services;
- Follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email, or phone inquiries);
- Communicate about our partners’ products and services;
- Automatically update the Mobile App on your device;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Troubleshoot technical difficulties and errors;
- Link or combine user information with other personal information;
- As permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements; and
- For any additional purposes for which we have obtained your consent to the use or disclosure of your personal information.
Product Usage Data
We do not collect any user data without the explicit consent of the user. We may, as described below, collect information about a user’s experiences and preferences related to the consumption of marijuana or marijuana products. As stated in the Terms of Service, as it pertains to marijuana, Jointly is only for residents of states and localities with laws regulating the medical or recreational use of marijuana. Marijuana is a Schedule I controlled substance under the Controlled Substances Act, and, therefore, the possession, cultivation and distribution thereof, or conspiring with or assisting others to do the same, is federally illegal and can result in significant criminal and civil penalties. Additionally, medical use is not recognized as a valid defense under federal laws regulating marijuana, and interstate transportation of marijuana is a federal offense. ENGAGING IN ACTIVITIES OR BUSINESS RELATED TO MARIJUANA IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. We may also collect information about a user’s experiences and preferences related to the consumption of hemp or hemp products.
You may optionally share data regarding your usage of a variety of such products, such as which products you used, how effective those products were, how hydrated you were when using a product, how much you slept the night before using a product; how long since your last use of that or a similar product, the setting in which you used a product, whether you consumed any alcohol or other drugs at the same time as you were using a product (all things that are suspected of being correlated with a more effective product experience) (“Product Usage Data”). We use this Product Usage Data to help improve our Site and Services, and to create aggregate consumer information, which is described in more detail below. We only collect Product Usage Data with your consent, and we take appropriate measures to protect it. You can opt out at any time, however, this may limit your access to certain Services.
As stated in the Terms of Service, Jointly’s collection and utilization of such Product Usage Data, including any ratings or reviews, does not constitute or imply Jointly’s endorsement, recommendation, or favoring of any product, whether or not the product is included on the Site.
Optional User Account Registration
To access certain Services in the Mobile App, users are required to register within the Mobile App and create a User Account, and the following information may be collected if the user chooses to create a User Account:
- Email address; and
- Username and password.
Once a User Account is created, users are encouraged, but not required, to complete a profile, which requests the following:
- Date of birth;
- Physical characteristics, such as height and weight;
- Marital status;
- Employment status; and
- Profile picture.
Once a User Account is created, users may also provide information about:
- Location information; and
- Product Usage Data.
Who Do We Provide Your Information to?
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws or as permitted by laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information with other companies and brands owned or controlled by Jointly, including our subsidiaries.
- We may share information to protect the rights and property of Jointly, our agents, customers, and others. This includes enforcing our agreements, policies, and Terms of Service.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share your personal information with vendors, service providers, contractors and agents in connection with the performance of services on our behalf. These service providers are prohibited from using your information except as needed to perform our work or as required by law.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
We may also share your personal information with our employees, contractors, consultants, affiliates and other parties who require such information to assist us with managing our relationship with you, including trusted third parties that provide services to us or on our behalf. For example, we may share your personal information from time to time with third-party information technology, data processing, and call center service providers so that we may operate our business.
Finally, we may also sell, rent, or share aggregate consumer information (i.e., anonymized summary data) with others for their own uses. Specifically, if you register to use our Mobile App and create a User Account, we may sell, rent or share certain aggregate consumer information that we compile using personal information and Product Usage Data collected about you and other users. This aggregate consumer information will never include your name, phone number, email address, or mailing address. We may sell, rent or share this aggregate consumer information with our partners and other companies for their own marketing, product development, research, or other uses.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal information outside of the situations detailed above, unless you consent otherwise.
Security and Protection of Your Personal Data
We take the security of your personal information seriously and use reasonable electronic, personnel and physical measures to protect it from loss, theft, alteration or misuse. However, please be advised that even the best security measures cannot fully eliminate all risks. We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will view your information. We are not responsible for third-party circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures.
Whenever we collect sensitive information, that information is encrypted and transmitted in a secure way. We will not ask you to provide payment card information (such as credit card number, expiration date, CVV, and billing address) through the Site. However, if a third-party service you have found through the Site collects such payment card information or any other sensitive information from you, you should ensure that information is encrypted and transmitted in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
We are dedicated to protecting all personal information to the greatest extent possible. However, if you create a User Account, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your personal information by keeping your password confidential. You should change your password immediately if you believe someone has gained unauthorized access to it or your User Account. If you learn of any incident involving the loss of or unauthorized access to or disclosure of personal information that is in our custody, you should notify us immediately.
Changes to This Policy
Updating Your Personal Information
It is important that the information contained in our records is both accurate and current. If your personal information happens to change during the course of our relationship, please keep us informed of such changes.
In some circumstances we may not agree with your request to change your personal information and will instead append an alternative text to the record in question.
Access to Your Personal Information
Subject to applicable laws, you can review, verify or correct your personal information. Please review the information in the “Your Rights” section below regarding your rights with respect to the collection of your personal data or contact our Privacy Officer for further details.
In the event that we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will endeavor to inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
Your Choices About Data We Collect and How to Opt Out
You have a choice about how we use your personal information. Although you cannot opt out of all data collection when you visit our Site and Mobile App, you can limit the collection, use, and sharing of your personally identifiable information. Please note that this may affect your ability to access certain Services, particularly within the Mobile App. You may opt out at any time by visiting CCPA and changing your data collection preferences or by contacting us at email@example.com.
Do Not Track Signals
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
With respect to the collection of your personal data, you have the right to:
- Update or amend personal data that we have collected about you if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you;
- Request the categories of sources from which your personal information is collected;
- Request the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information;
- Request the commercial purpose for collecting your personal information;
- Request the categories of personal information sold and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold;
- Request that we erase or restrict personal data;
- Object to the processing of your personal data with respect to direct marketing purposes; and
- Not receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your privacy rights.
You have the right to request this information up to two times in a 12-month period. You have the right to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. To request this information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information by clicking on the following link: Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the right to receive the above information up to two times in a 12-month period, free of charge. You have the right to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. To request this information, please contact us at email@example.com. Requests must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the provided email, telephone number, or mail address.
Your European Privacy Rights
If you are a data subject in Europe, you have the right to access, rectify, or erase any personal data we have collected about you through the Services. You also have the right to data portability and the right to restrict or object to our processing of personal data we have collected about you through the Services. In addition, you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data (or provide it to third parties to process) for marketing purposes or purposes materially different than for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you. You may withdraw your consent at any time for any data processing we do based on consent you have provided to us.
To exercise any of these rights, contact us at the address set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below and specify which right you intend to exercise. We will respond to your request within 30 days. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we store information as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, and may continue to retain and use the information even after a data subject request for purposes of our legitimate interests, including, as necessary, to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud, and enforce our agreements.
If you have any issues with our compliance, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a European supervisory authority.
Terms of Service